Saturday, November 10, 2007

Song Recommendations

Here are some current tracks that I can't get away from:

  1. The National - All The Wine (I love this lyric: I'm a birthday candle in a circle of black girls God is on my side Cuz I'm the child bride)
  2. Sigur Ros - Hljomalind
  3. Band Of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You
  4. Arcade Fire - Ocean Of Noise (I keep wanting to not like them because of all the hype but they truly are a unique band)
  5. Iron & Wine - White Tooth Man
  6. Jens Lekman - Rocky Dennis' Farewell Song (I'd love to sit at lounge preferably with a 70's vibe with him as the performer)
  7. Okkervil River - Savannah Smiles (my favorite song on this record after I got over how good Track 1 is, this song is really intense and it makes me wonder if this was a personal experience or not)
  8. Radiohead - Reckoner (this record is stellar and this song just amazing)
  9. Ryan Adams - Oh My God, Whatever, Etc.
  10. Spoon - Finer Feelings (this album get's better with every listen and it sounds nothing like Spoon and exactly like Spoon if that makes any sense)
  11. The National - Squalor Victoria (it's hard to pick a favorite on this record but this song stands out to me)
I felt the need to add an eleventh and I've been listening to The National's "Alligator" and "Boxer" back-to-back constantly on the iPod lately.

No comments: