Friday, July 06, 2007

Smashing Paris

















Having been a fan of The Smashing Pumpkins for quite some time, and really not much of one for the past few years, I'm obviously intrigued by the release of their first album in 7 years, Zeitgeist. I'm not going to dwell on the fact that we are only dealing with 1/2 of the original lineup. Its aways been about Billy anyway.

The first single from the album, Tarantula, is pretty great. It honestly brings to mind that old familiar sound that only the Pumpkins could make, without a hint of The Future Embrace or even Zwan. As much as I wanted to shrug the album off, and declare that using the name Smashing Pumpkins again was just a way to bring back a brand...I really dont feel like it is. And best of all, its not Machina III.

Shockingly, the album artwork for the UK single for Tarantula features none other than Paris Hilton. The single was released on Monday July 2nd (why do we release albums on Tuesday?). I think just based on the fact that is so funny, I have to order it.

UPDATE: I just ordered the CD single from amazon.co.uk. Pretty cheap too. I can't wait to get it!

No comments: