Thursday, December 21, 2006

Top 15 Albums Of 2006








1. Belle & Sebastian- The Life Pursuit
favorite tracks: Another Sunny Day, White Collar Boy, Funny Little Frog

2. The Strokes- First Impressions Of Earth
favorite tracks: Heart In A Cage, Ask Me Anything, Electricityscape

3. Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins- Rabbit Fur Coat
favorite tracks: Rise Up With Fists!!!, The Charging Sky, You Are What You Love








4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Show Your Bones
favorite tracks: Mysteries, Warrior, Turn Into

5. Phoenix- It's Never Been Like That
favorite tracks: Consolation Prizes, Long Distance Call, One Time Too Many

6. Cat Power- The Greatest
favorite tracks: The Greatest, Could We, Willie

7. Beck- The Information
favorite tracks: Elevator Music, Think I'm In Love, Strange Apparition








8. Pete Yorn- Nightcrawler
favorite tracks: Vampyre, For Us, Bandstand In The Sky

9. Band Of Horses- Everything All The Time
favorite tracks: Wicked Gil, The Funeral, Weed Party

10. The Hold Steady- Boys And Girls In America
favorite tracks: Stuck Between Stations, Chips Ahoy, Hot Soft Light

11. Jarvis Cocker- Jarvis
favorite tracks: Black Magic, Heavy Weather, I Will Kill Again








12. My Morning Jacket- Okonokos
favorite tracks: Gideon, One Big Holiday, Run Thru

13. The Decemberists- The Crane Wife
favorite tracks: The Crane Wife 3, Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then), O Valencia

14. Pete Yorn- Westerns EP
favorite tracks: The Man, Never My Love, Don't Mean Nothing

15. The Gothic Archies- The Tragic Treasury
favorite tracks: Scream And Run Away, Crows, Walking My Gargoyle

3 comments:

Nate said...

The Decemberists topped my list. Their disc is more eclectic than anything they've done before and far less cutesy and contrived like some of their previous work. "The Island" is like Yes with more rock minus the wanking and falsetto. "When the War Came" is like a stampede of horses, galloping and foaming. The Crane Wife series is mesmerizing, three trembling ballads that could easily be synthesized into one. In fact, I think I'm going to do that. God bless Itunes and their gapless playback ability.

What did you think of Tapes'n'Tapes? That's probably my number 2 followed by Band of Horses which is simply superb.

The Dave said...

I ALMOST purchased The Gothic Archies today! The kid in Bert's freaked out on me about how good it was when i picked it up.

Maybe after the holidays.

My list to come!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Eclectic list. I do enjoy me some Pete Yorn. I'll have to check out some of your other choices that Dave hasn't already had me listening to. =o) I appreciate the favorite tracks!