Sunday, December 10, 2006

Photographs EP






Lakes
Photographs EP
The Militia Group, 2006

9.0




I'm a little upset that here we are in December, and I am just discovering Photographs by Lakes, which was released in September. Thats almost 4 months of musical enjoyment my ears have missed out on. But I suppose there is no such thing as too late.

These songs are uplifting. They are full of hope that love will last forever, and that full of memories and reflection. I think the word "love" is probably used 1000 times. The opening track, Indian Lover, grips you from the start. Its one of the best songs I have heard this year. The lyrics are nostalgic and the melodies are sweeping. The songs contain such subtle transitions from its quiet moments to the greatest points of build-up. The album grows with each song, until it ends with the brilliant White Flag....which fades out leaving you wanting more.

Lakes are off to a great start. I can't wait to see what they can deliver on their first full length album.
And if you're curious, check them out at myspace.com/lakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sold. I listened to the EP twice already this morning. Indian Lover is amazing. Yay!

The Dave said...

I can't wait til they com out with a full album. I have listened to this so many times I'm close to playing it out!